I am so inspired by this warm front we have going on over in NJ (thank you Mother Nature) and I wanted to round up a quick post sharing some great “not so graphic graphic tees.” I know the 90’s is back and graphic tees are just one of the throwback trends appearing in every retailer. But I also know that they aren’t for everyone. I tend to love the wordy ones as well as band versions but there are some consumers out there that prefer a touch of it and not the whole shebang. If that is you, then keep on reading for my favorites!
I am wearing this tee in the photo above. It has a slight embroidered graphic that says L’amour. So cute!
The simple coloring of this top makes it not too loud. Love the navy!
All of these tee shirts are so easy to style. Pair them with ANY jean- whether it is skinny, mom jean, straight, blue denim, black denim. Throw on a utility jacket or a moto and you have a cute casual outfit! Let me know if you grab any!
Hello all and I am thrilled to say it’s the weekend! Blaire had a half day today and is off Monday so we have a full few days ahead of us which we are excited about! Tomorrow Joe and I are heading into NYC to meet up with one of my best friends from high school and her boyfriend for brunch. We are going to Gemma and it looks AMAZING. While deciding what to wear I was inspired for this week’s Friday 5 Under Fifty and decided to gear it towards weekend style! So many good things under $50- it was hard to choose! Here we go…
1. Top- This is one of my options for brunch tomorrow. (wearing it above). I love a good chambray button down and believe me when I tell you this one is buttery soft. The distressing makes it different from a classic version and I will take any excuse to elevate a basic and make it unique.
2. Denim- I had my eye on these when they first came out and it looks like they are now on sale for $47 and they have my size! The cropped straight leg style has been in my cart a lot lately and I am so drawn to the hems on this pair.
3. Shoes- I typically pair the above style of denim with a mule or a heeled bootie. I just got these mules and they are seriously so cute- they should charge more, but don’t tell them that!
4. Belt- It is no surprise I tend to gravitate to black, white and grey more than the natural tones but every so often I think breaking up the dark tones really adds life to an outfit. I love this belt. It comes in a ton of colors!
5. Sunglasses- I will welcome a new pair of sunnies into my collection any day and these DVF aviators are $40! Whattttt????
I hope these posts inspire you to dress to impress while saving those pennies! Have a great weekend and as always, thank you so much for reading!
I have never been a HUGE fan of Valentine’s Day. I do not think you need a specific calendar day to profess love for another human. Joe and I would celebrate mildly when we first started dating but he has been aware of my barely there love (ha) for the holiday. Since having kids I have started to enjoy it way more! I have two tiny humans to profess my love to and to spoil with little treats and gifts! With that said, my idea of a good Valentine’s Day look is casual and one that I can be comfortable in to hang out with my kids. But that doesn’t mean I skimped on the accessories to amplify my mom style. I partnered with Kenneth Cole to show you my Valentine’s Day mom style.
You may remember these sneakers from a previous post. When I tell you they are SO COMFORTABLE I mean it. They are from the Kenneth Cole Techni-cole line and they are incredible. I saw they came out with these special edition red ones and I KNEW I had to have them for Valentine’s Day. As you also probably know I am not huge on color and really lean towards neutrals when selecting clothes. I loved how these sneakers were predominately white but had that little touch of red on the back. AHHH I LOVE THEM.
I wanted to pair my leather leggings (similar here) and grey sweater outfit with accessories that would pop. When I saw this silver ring necklace I thought it would look so good with a casual look. I gravitate to gold but this silver pop really works against the grey sweater. Gold bangles are always welcomed in my closet and this one that I grabbed up has a double bangle. I love to mix metals so pairing the bangle with the silver necklace just works.
The last touch to mix the gold with silver was this amazing pair of sunglasses. They are two toned on their own so already they work with the mixed metal play I was working with on this look. They add the perfect shine and glam to my mom style.
This jacket was the longline one I shared on my Instastories the other day. I couldn’t wait to style it and show you how cute it is! It drapes perfectly and is a great length for leggings. Jackets are the type of piece I always want to grab up to elevate my look. This one is under $50 and I could not recommend it more!
I hope this post inspires you to take your “could be boring” look and pair it with striking accessories to really make it stand out. By taking a basic white sneaker with a pop of red and mixing some metals this legging and sweater look is now well styled and polished. I am in love with the pieces from Kenneth Cole and hope you all love them too!