I really hope everyone liked the new series I posted last week, Friday 5 Under Fifty! If you missed it you can read it here. Five pieces were chosen to create an outfit and each piece is priced under fifty dollars. I am going to stay with the styling theme for this week as well! If you ever have a request for a specific type of outfit please send me an email (email@example.com) or comment below!
Jacket // Scarf // Thermal // Jeans // Sunglasses
1. Tee: I started off the outfit with a basic tee. Do not under estimate the basic tee. I sometimes fall into the trap of thinking I dress on the boring side but there are so many ways to amp up your basics!
2. For example this belt. By pairing an interesting belt your basic tee outfit is no longer basic. It is well thought out and looks like you TRIED, even though you threw it on.
3. Denim: I love A&F jeans and they are all currently 50% off right now. This pair is $44 and I love the casual wash and distressing. A girlfriend jean should not look frumpy. It should be fitted in the butt, slightly loose on the thighs and hips and relaxed from the knee down. I am 5 ‘1 and always opt for the short version if the store offers it because I like my girlfriend jeans to hit 2 inches above my ankle.
4. Shoes: This look is very versatile. You can pair it with a cute block heel or a studded bootie for date night or a flat mule like this for daytime. It is so easy to dress basics up or down!
5. Jacket: To me, a jacket really finishes out a look. I love to add a blazer to an outfit like this!
SHOP MY FINDS FOR FRIDAY 5 UNDER FIFTY
I am heading into the city tomorrow for brunch with 3 of my favorite blogging gal pals! We will be sharing our day along the way so be sure to follow on Insta Stories for what we are wearing and shooting for Valentine’s Day!