I really hope everyone liked the new series I posted last week, Friday 5 Under Fifty! If you missed it you can read it here. Five pieces were chosen to create an outfit and each piece is priced under fifty dollars. I am going to stay with the styling theme for this week as well! If you ever have a request for a specific type of outfit please send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or comment below!
Jacket // Scarf // Thermal // Jeans // Sunglasses
1. Tee: I started off the outfit with a basic tee. Do not under estimate the basic tee. I sometimes fall into the trap of thinking I dress on the boring side but there are so many ways to amp up your basics!
2. For example this belt. By pairing an interesting belt your basic tee outfit is no longer basic. It is well thought out and looks like you TRIED, even though you threw it on.
3. Denim: I love A&F jeans and they are all currently 50% off right now. This pair is $44 and I love the casual wash and distressing. A girlfriend jean should not look frumpy. It should be fitted in the butt, slightly loose on the thighs and hips and relaxed from the knee down. I am 5 ‘1 and always opt for the short version if the store offers it because I like my girlfriend jeans to hit 2 inches above my ankle.
4. Shoes: This look is very versatile. You can pair it with a cute block heel or a studded bootie for date night or a flat mule like this for daytime. It is so easy to dress basics up or down!
5. Jacket: To me, a jacket really finishes out a look. I love to add a blazer to an outfit like this!
SHOP MY FINDS FOR FRIDAY 5 UNDER FIFTY
I am heading into the city tomorrow for brunch with 3 of my favorite blogging gal pals! We will be sharing our day along the way so be sure to follow on Insta Stories for what we are wearing and shooting for Valentine’s Day!
I hope everyone had a great weekend! We went to breakfast yesterday and Target so a fun day was had by all! Like I mentioned last week we are in this transitional time where we do not want to spend additional money on Winter clothes but at the same time being sick of them. I really am trying to get by with my current wardrobe (which is probably why my Instagram feed is full of repeat pieces- but hey, I am a human and not a millionaire and I wear things more than once….) so for this week I have pulled some pieces that won’t break the bank and ones that you can wear now and later. Here are this week’s Weekend Deals…
Mules // Off the shoulder sweater // Jeans
This moto jacket is on sale for $89 and available in all sizes. Who says you can’t wear velvet in the spring??
How cute is the back of this under $50 sweater? Also available in all sizes.
This top comes in 2 colors and is SO cute. Wear it now with jeans and booties and in the spring and summer with cutoffs and sandals.
Layer a long sweater or a hoodie under this olive jacket now and continue to wear it through spring and summer!
Though tomorrow the more you spend the more you save at American Eagle. I love these mom jeans which I just got and LOVE, this long sweatshirt that comes in 12 colors/prints ($30), this graphic tee, this classic jacket and the overwashed henley tank. **Sizing info on the jeans. I am 5’1 110 pounds and I have the 0 short.**
Elevated basics are one of my weaknesses. I love this lace up top! Comes in colors and on sale for $40.
This basic is only $10 and comes in 4 colors.
I posted these on my stories last week and I CANNOT wait to wear them!
Hoops are big for spring and this set comes with three different pairs in different metals.
You know my love for camo and this tee looks so so soft.
A classic trench will never go out of style and the olive green of this one has me adding it to my cart.
I am wearing this top to a brunch next week and it is on sale for under $30!
SHOP THE WEEKEND DEALS
Have a great week everyone!
Hey guys! This is the first post of many for my new series Friday 5 Under FIFTY. I know things can add up when we are online shopping and there are things we WANT and NEED but are too expensive. Am I the only one guilty of eyeing something up and 9 out of 10 times it is the most expensive item listed? This series is to show you that you can grab trendy and quality pieces for under $50 and still look well styled. Each week I will choose 5 things that are all under $50. It can be accessories, clothing, a pair of shoes, etc. I like the idea of styling a full outfit where each piece is under $50 so if that is something you would like to see let me know in a comment here or on Instagram! I am giving that way a go for the first one! This outfit is perfect for either mom life or that weekend life. I would wear this on any day really, but if you hold an office job it would be perfect for weekend errands, brunch, a day date or family day! Let’s get to this week’s FIVE…
sweater // jeans (same as #5 below!) mules // bag // red scarf
FRIDAY 5 UNDER FIFTY
1. Charm Necklace: I am obsessed with any kind of gold pendant. This one is currently on sale for $40 and you can choose from a variety of coded sayings like peace, believe, wish, etc. Such a perfect gift for Valentine’s Day.
2. Converse: I think a classic pair of Chucks go with anything, all year round.
3. Off the Shoulder Sweater: I love the marled detail on the sweater. Wear it now styled with this look and wear it in the Spring/Summer over cutoffs.
4. Beanie: this Free People beanie is currently on sale and comes in a bunch of different colors. Love how slouchy it is.
5. Mom Jeans: This pair of jeans caught my eye immediately. If you follow me on Facebook you may have seen me share the link the other day. I love the mom jean trend and these shredded jeans are PERFECT.
**(Sidenote, I post a lot of random links I love on Facebook so if you aren’t following my page click HERE so you don’t miss out!)
I hope you all love the idea behind this series! Thanks for reading!